Here are the conditions that would have to apply for Assad to be the perpetrator of the latest “gas attack” in Syria:
- Assad is evil beyond imagination.
- Just as Trump announces he wants to pull the US out of Syria, ceding control over the region to Assad and his allies, Assad decides to commit a war crime he knows will prevent the US military from being able to leave.
- Assad’s unimaginable evil is so overwhelming that he cannot keep it together for a few months to give the US the impression that it can exit the region in good conscious.
- In the midst of a seemingly endless war, Assad thinks killing civilians with WMDs, despite no strategic benefit, is a wise use of time and resources.
- Previous reports about Assad turning over his chemical weapons to the US and Russia are completely false.
Here are the conditions that would have to apply for “the rebels” to be the perpetrators of the latest “gas attack” in Syria:
- “The rebels”, ISIS, or another organization friendly to their cause staged the attack in one way or another to frame Assad in order to prevent the US from leaving Syria, which Trump recently announced he wanted to do, and which would be devastating to their war efforts.
Occam’s Razor is the theory that the simplest explanation is more likely to be the correct explanation. Guess who I think is responsible for the “gas attacks”?